[sync] Testing Sony Ericsson K610

Helmut Schiefer Helmut at 4Schiefer.de
Tue Jul 17 18:15:20 UTC 2007

Hi Jan,

I didn't know how it can be coded in php also I didn't know any
special information about syncml and the fields in cell phone database.

Maybe the following is an option.

If a contact is in the cell phone and not in the horde address book,
it can be put in the default address book.
In this case the user must put it in the address book he ever won't.
This can be done with the horde GUI.

For the other direction the owner_id.turba_objects can be put at the
end of the info field. So the last character of the info field can't
be synced. In the case  that an info field is used and length(text +
owner_id.turba_objects) exceed the allowed length of the field there
can be a message: "Infofield can't be sync, see orginal field in horde
... : owner_id.turba_objects".
So we will lost the info field in cell phone but we can sync all the
other entries of all address books.

Once more way: It can be do by a configurable field in horde/syncml
configuration. So it can be use any other field of the cell phone.

Only my thoughts.
Greetings from cologne

> Zitat von Helmut Schiefer <Helmut at 4Schiefer.de>:
>
>> Dear guys,
>>
>> I've read "testing and feedback" is welcome to these list.
>> Yesterday I tested syncml with my new sony_ericsson k610 and the
>> actual cvs head of horde, turba etc. My feedback: It works great,
>> thanks to all of the development stuff.
>>
>> In the next days I'll test the other sync functionality.
>>
>> One question: Is there a trick to sync more than the default address book.
>> I want to sync one more book.
>
> Not at the moment, I don't see this happening too soon. How would you
> determine where to put address book data from the phone, if you allow
> synching with several address books?
>
> Jan.

> http://horde.org/consulting/

Mit freundlichen Grüßen