[sync] Using rpc.php to sync calendars other than default calendar

Rich Hutchinson rich at adastral.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Jul 26 10:05:31 UTC 2007

I tried it, using the Funambol plugin for Thunderbird, but it kept
returning an error when creating the sync output.

I assume the SyncML folder of the framework portion of CVS is the one I
need, and put it in horde/lib where the current one is?

Anyway, from reading the original reply to my question - it does appear
that the current non-CVS version will sync with whatever you have set as
your default calendar through the Horde preferences. I thought I'd
already tried this to no avail, but I tested it again before and I'm
sure that that is the default behaviour now.

This way I think is going to be sufficient - since it makes it easier
for users to select this themselves without getting caught up with those
long string-IDs for the different calendars...

However, setting the calendar ID in the sync client is better for those
clients that support syncing with multiple remote calendars. The
Funambol connector only has one entry, so this will need to be changed
each and every time a user wants to synch with an alternative
calendar....I'm going to stick with the "setting the default via Horde"
method for now!

Thanks a lot for all the help.