[sync] slow-sync question

Otto Berger otto at bergerdata.de
Wed Sep 5 08:47:56 UTC 2007

Hi all,

i've been playing around with the horde syncml package a long time - and
i'm very pleased about it - very nice peace of software!

i've written some horde-applications that act as "wrapper" to an CRM
application. It works very fine with the synthesis client (i didnt tryed
other clients).

But i have one question the slow-sync related:

when i start the slow sync - all entries from both sides getting copied
to each other - so normally you have double entries - for example -
after an connection error.

Souldnt it be that way that the application checks in case of an
slow-sync "manually" (diffs etc.) the data? I cannot find a routine
regarding this in the syncml package - or did i misunderstood the
slow-sync? Im currently use the actual cvs version.

maybe someone could help my out with a short description on how a
slow-sync should work?

many thanks in advance.

Otto Berger

--