[sync] merging the eGroupWare and Horde SyncML codebase

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Thu Oct 11 15:30:34 UTC 2007

Hi again,

ups, wrong language. So here's a brief summary in englisch:

-I (re)wrote most of the current SyncML module: so if it doesn't work:
blame me ;-)
-the current design is explicitly made so different backends can be
included, see http://fourmont.org/drupal/node/2
-the preferred way to get it done is to create a new eGroupware backend.
Start with the sql.php backend and take it from there.
-as Chuck and Jan already pointed out: a larger use base for the SyncML
module is highly welcome. We need feedback how and if it works with
various SyncML devices (phones, PDAs, ...) and the more people use it
the more feedback we get.

Cheers,
  Karsten