[sync] Nokia E90 not syncing correctly

Volker Then horde32 at volkerthen.com
Fri Dec 14 13:43:48 UTC 2007

Quoting Volker Then <horde32 at volkerthen.com>:

> Hi sync team!
>
> Today I tried syncing with a new Nokia E90. The initial syncing of
> contacts and events worked pretty well - all data was transfered
> correctly to the phone.
>
> But the second sync deleted all entries from the phone.
>
> syncml_log.txt says:
>
> DEBUG:  Backend of class SyncML_Backend_Horde created
> DEBUG:  New session created: a69b55aa40b35d47abf767c9123ad312
> DEBUG:  checking auth for user=ice
> DEBUG:  authorized=1 version=2 msgid=1 source=IMEI:3536590130xxxxx
> target=http://mydomain/horde/rpc.php user=ice charset=UTF-8 wbxml=1
> DEBUG:  SyncML: No info about previous syncs found for device
> IMEI:353659013033747 and database ./calendar
> DEBUG:  Create new sync for ./calendar; synctype=205
> DEBUG:  HandleFinal for state=0
> DEBUG:  Received Final from client.
> DEBUG:  Sending Final to client.
> DEBUG:  SyncML: return message completed
> DEBUG:  Finished at 2007-12-14 11:44:15. Packet logged in
> /tmp/sync/syncml_server_10.wbxml
>
> It seems that there is no information about any succesful previous
> sync in the database.
>
> There is no entry at the SyncML options for "Timestamps of successful
> sync sessions" for this IMEI. IMEIs from other phones are listed.
>
> Syncing with a Nokia E70 works perfectly for many months now.
>
> Any idea what might be wrong with my E90 or with my setup?

Now this behaviour occurs with the other phone too. I had to use a
backed up version from two days ago. The first sync after the backup
deleted all contacts and event data on the phone. Then I emptied the
database horde_syncml_map and started again. This time everything got
synced so far. But then again: The next sync deleted everything from
the phone.

What other data regardng syncs should be deleted from the database? It
seems that information about successful syncs remains in the database
even when dropping this information in the options menu ("Delete All
SyncML Data").

Thanks in advance.

Volker