[sync] turba adressbook sync umlauts

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Feb 14 16:57:34 UTC 2008

Zitat von Thomas <thomas at mebes.name>:

> Hello Jan,
>
> Thank you very much for getting back to me so quick.
> I dont know what the file "iCalendar" has to do with the mutulated
> vowel, but it helped. Now ü ä ö ß € are being displayed correctly.

That sucks, because it means that this phone is not properly decoding
quoted printable data. Please add a ticket for that.

> Also i would like to add that for me, the array "cellPhone" and
> "email" were not enough.
> Many times there are private and buisiness emails and cellphone numbers.
>
> So I added more arrays:
>
> array identifier: cellPhonePrivate, emailPRivate
> array in db: object_cellphoneprivate, object_emailprivate
>
> Both were extended into the "communications" tab.
>
> This should usall be no problem, when syncronizing however, both are missing.
> To make it work i had to edit the file: turba/lib/Driver.php

That looks too hackish, though it's true that we can't map all Turba
fields to all vCard fields at the moment, because vCard fields are
much more flexible than Turba is. vCard applies a set of attributes to
a field that define type, location etc. of phone and address entries.
Turba just has different field types.
This might be something to address for Turba 3, but starting to add
new field types to Turba now is opening a can of worms.

> I dont know if its a bug, but if I delete a detail on the cellphone,
>  (eg. delete an array),
> it tells me when syncronizing: "somethign has changed". Turba
> however  only recives only arrays that still have content.
>
> Therefore the array "fax" or "Company" is not being send empty, but
> its not sent at all.
> This way turba doesnt know tha the array is emtpy and keeps the
> array  the way it is.

Sorry, I don't follow what you are saying here.

> I deleted the following:
> in function "toHash"
> <code>
> This resets all array names to NULL ('') and they later fill up as
> input appears.
>
> Its for sure no a clean solution, but i dont know the code well enogh.
>
> I added the 4 patched files: turba/lib/Driver.php,
> turba/po/de_DE.po,  turba/config/attributes.php und,
> turba/config/sources.php
>

> ----- Nachricht von jan at horde.org ---------
>      Datum: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 01:03:24 +0100
>        Von: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
>    Betreff: Re: [sync] turba adressbook sync umlauts
>         An: sync at lists.horde.org
>

>> Zitat von Thomas <thomas at mebes.name>:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> i have errors with my umlauts:  ü ö ä ß
>>>
>>> for a few weeks ago i have sync all my contacts horde>mobilephone.
>>> thats works wunderful.
>>>
>>> now, if i sync my adressbook/turba, if I change a record on
>>> horde-site, with a umlaut, example: "Thomas MebesÜ" then i can't see
>>> the "lastname" in my phone, only the firstname.
>>>
>>> with "Thomas ThomasUE" its works.
>>>
>>> if i change a contact on the phone-site, with a umlaut, i have no problems.
>>>
>>> the data.txt said:
>>>
>>> if i have on my phone site:
>>> N;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE;CHARSET=UTF-8:Test=20=C3=A4;Test;;;^
>>>
>>> if i have on my turba/horde site:
>>> N;CHARSET=UTF-8;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:^
>>> Test =C3=A4;Test;;;^
>>>
>>> i can't find an error.
>>
>> Both look perfectly valid. Can you try if reverting iCalendar.php to
>> this version changes anything:
>> http://cvs.horde.org/co.php?r=1.130&f=framework%2FiCalendar%2FiCalendar.php
>>
>> Jan.

Jan.