[sync] Anyone running latest CVS on Debian Etch?

Anders Lund anders.lund at uninett.no
Tue Mar 4 11:29:17 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-04 at 02:04 -0800, Marco.Peterseil wrote:
> Currently working with the CVS version (framework) and the php5 etch package.
> Don't have any problems with the syncml server.
> Both outlook and pda (funambol plugin) are syncing fine.

Strange. This machine is really up to date with the latest stable
versions of PHP from the Debian Etch repositories?

I've now got two servers. One with the latest from CVS and one with the
RC2 of Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 1.1. I've upgraded both of these
servers to have newer version of PHP, as I've previously written.
 * both give me truble when trying to use the latest SyncEvolution (0.7)
The problem with SyncEvolution seems to be:

PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function timestamp() on a non-object
in /var/www/horde/kronolith/lib/Driver/sql.php on line 909

With the RC2 my phone seems to always try to send all calendar entries,
as if the previous state wasn't saved.

> I also had some problems with the RC2 packages ->
> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/6181

I have seen this problem as well: "If I look at the syncml preferences
at horde there is a timestamp for a sync session but no name for
"device" ?!"

> For me, the cvs packages (framework) seems to be more stable and better than
> the RC2 package.
> Maybe you should give it a new try...

It seems to work better with my phone, yes, but only if I upgrade PHP on
the Debian Etch with the packages from www.dotdeb.org.

- Anders