[sync] Successful sync with Nokia phone

David lists at edeca.net
Wed Mar 26 18:16:42 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have just successfully installed Horde Groupware edition (10 minutes)
and configured my Nokia S60 phone to sync with it (10 seconds).  It all
seems to work, very impressive!

I am using SSL on port 443 with a self-signed certificate but this did
not seem to matter (I imported the certificate to the phone weeks ago).

I synchronised contacts, notes, tasks and calendar items.

One thing I have noticed, "anniversaries" on the phone come up with a
little 'gift' icon.  These appear as recurring appointments in Horde on
the correct day but not as anniversaries and there is no way to add one
of these in Horde.

Is this a problem with the SyncML format or could Horde manage it?  If
needed, I'll look at what the phone is sending to Horde.

David