[sync] Successful sync with Nokia phone

David lists at edeca.net
Wed Mar 26 22:03:02 UTC 2008

Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von David <lists at edeca.net>:
>> Is this a problem with the SyncML format or could Horde manage it?  If
>> needed, I'll look at what the phone is sending to Horde.
>
> I guess the anniversaries are sent as events, while anniversaries in
> Horde Groupware are contact properties. Thus the behavior is correct,
> they are added as recurring events to the Horde calendar.
> It should still be possible to synchronize them to the address book,
> but we don't have anniversaries as contact properties by default. You
> have to add them to the database and turba/config/sources.php.

I see that my contacts have "birthday" for those I added birthdays to.
This is great, I only added "anniversaries" in the calendar because the
Nokia (6120 Classic) doesn't show the contact properties on the
calendar.  That's a Nokia problem, so I'll stick with contact properties
for birthdays.

I do notice though that I can add other sorts of properties to a contact
on the Nokia phone.  I don't plan on using many of these, but possibly
"SIP" and "Anniversary" (a date) would be useful (the second was erased
for all of my contacts ;)

Perhaps I am asking for things that are Nokia additions that aren't
compatible with SymcML.. I'm unsure as I don't know which document to check.

Also, why does Turba require a last name?  Some of my contacts only had
a first name, so now they are "John John" where the second name was
automatically added..

Thanks for your fast response.

David