[sync] SyncML status in 3.2-rc3

Eric Persson eric at persson.tm
Tue Apr 1 11:37:25 UTC 2008

Hi again,

Decided to download the horde 3.2-rc3 today and try the syncml features
in there together with kronolith h3-2.2-rc2. I will try to get the
stock-install to run before continuing on my custom backend mentioned in
other emails.

Some background:
I followed the install files for the horde package, and setup mysql as
the database backend, for both datatree and authentication, as well as
the databasetab.
I downloaded the kronolith package and placed it in
HORDE_BASE/kronolith, and did the configuration, and used mysql.

I added a user, and logged in with another browser and could add/remove
entries in kronolith with the user.

I also setup the funambol java demo client(FJDC below) to access the
rpc.php for the above horde install, and added an example calendar item
to it.

Result:

Pressing Synchronize in the FJDC(with debug information turned on), I
get, the first time:

http://eric.persson.tm/horde_syncml/funambol_syncml_client_sync1.txt

Finally settling with the "String index out of range: -9" at the end.

Serverlog for first attempt:
http://eric.persson.tm/horde_syncml/syncml_server_10.xml

Client-Serverlog for first attempt:
http://eric.persson.tm/horde_syncml/syncml_client_10.xml

The second time, I get somewhat more, found on:
http://eric.persson.tm/horde_syncml/funambol_syncml_client_sync2.txt
Finally settling with the same "String index out of range: -9". But this
time I can see the calendar data in the output.

Serverlog for first attempt:
http://eric.persson.tm/horde_syncml/syncml_server_11.xml

Client-Serverlog for first attempt:
http://eric.persson.tm/horde_syncml/syncml_client_11.xml

The syncml_log.txt for both syncs looks like:
http://eric.persson.tm/horde_syncml/syncml_log.txt

I also get a data.txt with my calendar data:
http://eric.persson.tm/horde_syncml/data.txt

Any hints or tricks would be appreciated. If you have intimate knowledge
about the things at work here, I would happily sign a contract with you
for some help getting this up and running. Of course with the
possibility to put back the result to the community.

Give me a call or drop me an email.

Best regards,
	Eric Persson
	+46-70-6913083