[sync] SyncML latest snapshot broken?

Lukas Gradl horde at ssn.at
Thu Apr 10 12:50:18 UTC 2008

Tried to use SyncML using the HEAD Snapshot 2008-04-10.

As the anchor-storage changed i decided to delete all contacts and
calendar on the clients (Nokia E90 and Outlook/Funambol), empty
horde_syncml_anchors and horde_syncml_maps and do a full resync.

At this first test I only did a sync Horde->Client but not Client->Horde.

When synching either calendar or contacts everything worked fine.

When activating both calendar and contacts in sync-options on the
clients it looks like everything gets mixed up.

Outlook/Funambol crashes with GPF.

The Nokia E90 seems to mix the sync of contacts and calendar. It shows
"recieving calendar" and immediatly after that "recieving contacts".
Then the counter for contacts grows up to "1900 of 288" the counter for
calendar isn't shown at all...
At the end it says "sync successful" and there are Contacts and
Calendar-Entries in the phone. I', just trying to figure out if they're
complete.
I suspected that the 1900 is the number of calendar entries + number of
contacts - but that should be 1987...

regards
Lukas
PS: Couldn't give feedback on Bug #6572 so far because of that issue.
--

software security networks