[sync] Sync with Horde, IMP authentication and realms

Frederik horde at traintraveltogether.de
Sun Jun 1 15:30:35 UTC 2008

Hi,

first of all let me express my thanks to this fantastic project. I've
been waiting for a long time to have a feature so that I can
synchronize my mobile (Nokia E51) with Turba and it works like a charm!

Well, almost:

I use IMP 4.2 to authenticate with Horde 3.2 and use a realm in the
servers.conf. Authentication against my IMAP-Server is done without
the realm, as it should, but the username that Horde sees and uses ist
user at realm.com. This value is also used in the SQL-Backends for all
Horde applications, preferences etc. and thus also with Turba.

When the sync goes through I don't see the new names added to Turba
because in the database the 'object_owner' is just 'user' and not
'user at realm.com'.

So I wonder why after authentication the realm is not used with the
syncml part of Horde as all other applications seem to use it?
If this is still work in progress, is there any possibility to
hard-code the realm somewhere in the code so that it will be added to
all usernames? At the moment, only users from one specific realm will
use SyncML, thus this would at least provide for a temporary solution.

My IMAP-Server doesn't work when I use the username with the added
realm, so I don't see any other possibility for me...

Any help is highly appreciated,

regards,

Frederik.