[sync] Questions of SyncML

Alexa Rodríguez avrodriguez at jusbaires.gov.ar
Tue Jun 17 18:52:33 UTC 2008

Hello all!

I was researching how to synchronise the phone Blackberry with
calendar(Kronolith)  of Horde. In the Wiki the Horde I was reading the
article "New SyncML version 0.7.0". Here is the link:
http://wiki.horde.org/SyncMLCustomBackend?referrer=SyncML#

In the article says that I must create a database in my database
engine(mysql) as described in Baquend/Sql.php, but there are
differences between the example in the article and the file
Baquend/Sql.php of Horde. Here I show the differences:

In the article looks like:

// Backend Setup:
$backend = 'Sql';
$backend_parms = array('dsn' =>
'mysql://syncml:password@localhost/syncml', // adjust as required
'debug_dir' => '/tmp/sync', // debug output to this dir, must be
writeable be web server 'debug_files' => true, // log all (wb)xml
packets received or sent to debug_dir: 'log_level' =>
PEAR_LOG_DEBUG); // log everything

But in the last version stable of Horde looks like:

class SyncML_Backend_Sql extends SyncML_Backend {

    /**
     * A PEAR MDB2 instance.
     *
     * @var MDB2
     */
    var $_db;

    /**
     * Constructor.
     *
     * @param array $params  A hash with parameters. In addition to
those
     *                       supported by the SyncML_Backend class one
more
     *                       parameter is required for the database
connection:
     *                       'dsn' => connection DSN.
     */
    function SyncML_Backend_Sql($params)
    {
        parent::SyncML_Backend($params);

        $this ->_db = &MDB2::connect($params['dsn']);
        if (is_a($this->_db, 'PEAR_Error')) {
            $this->logMessage($this->_db,
                              __FILE__, __LINE__, PEAR_LOG_ERR);
        }
    }

So far, I installed last version stable of Horde(Horde 3.2) and I
installed Funambol-client version 6.6.0 in the phone Blackberry.

From all this I have some questions:

1. SyncML needs a database called "calendar" to synchronize the data?,
Why ?

2. Allows SyncML  synchronize the calendar of Horde(kronolith) with
Funambol clients? If so, as it does?

Thanks in advance, Alexa