[sync] Sync WORKS between Horde and WM5 PPC using Funambol, except for Reminders and Attendees

Chris Dillon cdillon at wolves.k12.mo.us
Mon Jun 30 21:06:43 UTC 2008

Quoting "Chris Dillon" <cdillon at wolves.k12.mo.us>:

> Anyone have a solution to the Reminder thing, at least?  I can try
> to supply some debugging data if it would help.

Here's some of that debugging data... I created /tmp/sync and did a
single sync of a calendar item with Reminder from Kronolith to PPC,
and I think I see the problem.  It appears that the Reminder (and
Attendee, but I don't care) data is getting lost in the vCalendar to
SIF conversion (from data.txt):

Output received from backend (text/calendar):
BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0
X-WR-CALNAME:cdillon's Calendar
PRODID:-//The Horde Project//Horde_iCalendar Library//EN
METHOD:PUBLISH
BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTART:20080630T110000Z
DTEND:20080630T120000Z
DTSTAMP:20080630T201939Z
UID:20080630151854.190949aaovgixvhq at www.wolves.k12.mo.us
CREATED:20080630T201854Z
LAST-MODIFIED:20080630T201854Z
SUMMARY:Server02
ORGANIZER;CN=Chris Dillon:mailto:cdillon at wolves.k12.mo.us
CLASS:PUBLIC
STATUS:CONFIRMED
TRANSP:OPAQUE
ATTENDEE;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT;PARTSTAT=NEEDS-ACTION;RSVP=TRUE;CN="Dillon,
   Chris":mailto:cdillon at wolves.k12.mo.us
BEGIN:VALARM
ACTION:DISPLAY
TRIGGER;VALUE=DURATION:-PT15M
END:VALARM
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR

Output converted for client (text/x-s4j-sife):
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<appointment>
<ReminderSet>0</ReminderSet>
<IsRecurring>0</IsRecurring>
<BusyStatus>2</BusyStatus>
<AllDayEvent>0</AllDayEvent>
<Start>20080630T110000Z</Start>
<End>20080630T120000Z</End>
<Subject>Server02</Subject>
<Sensitivity>0</Sensitivity>
<Duration>60</Duration>
</appointment>

I added newlines to the converted output so it would look better in
this email.

It appears that at some point the Funambol plug-ins learned to send
and accept vCalendar and vCard data as well as SIF.  I have vCard and
vCalendar set as the data formats for Contacts and Calendar in the
Advanced settings of the plug-in, so it is sending these formats
(appears to be vCalendar 1.0) to Horde.

As for the Attendees data, the Funambol plugin itself seems to be
botching that.  There is no Attendee data at all if it sends in SIF
format, and in vCalendar format it appears to be corrupted.

Would using the Synthesis client solve my problems here?  I would be
testing it now except my demo has expired. :-(

--

Chris Dillon - NetEng/SysAdm
Reeds Spring R-IV School District