[sync] sync authentication error

Ryan Evans revans at gie.com
Wed Jul 16 14:30:22 UTC 2008

Hey all,  I have been playing around with the syncml and horde for a few
weeks now trying to get it up and running. (we've been running horde/imp
for many years)

I am running:
Horde (horde)
<https://webmail.gie.com/admin/setup/config.php?Horde=0dvbqiljffqun85abf4csr4hs4&app=horde>
3.2-RC4
Mail (imp)
<https://webmail.gie.com/admin/setup/config.php?Horde=0dvbqiljffqun85abf4csr4hs4&app=imp>
H3 (4.2-RC4)
Calendar (kronolith)
<https://webmail.gie.com/admin/setup/config.php?Horde=0dvbqiljffqun85abf4csr4hs4&app=kronolith>
H3 (2.2-RC3)
Address Book (turba)
<https://webmail.gie.com/admin/setup/config.php?Horde=0dvbqiljffqun85abf4csr4hs4&app=turba>
H3 (2.2-RC4)

We authenticate into horde with IMP, we have 3 imap servers there (when
user hits our webmail login page, they select the imap server)  In this
environment is it still possible to authenticate properly for syncml and
horde?  When i use a blackberry 8830 and funambol client, i am able to
set the settings for URL, username, password, and i use "calendar" for
the sync of calendar.  I get back an error of authentication fails. I
know I am using the correct password as I can login to horde/imp fine
with same user/pass.  Do i need to pass a imap server with the username
for it to auth correctly?

log.txt shows this:

"DEBUG:  Backend of class SyncML_Backend_Horde created
DEBUG:  Started at 2008-07-16 08:49:00. Packet logged in
/tmp/sync/client_11.xml
DEBUG:  New session created: eedb9315a7e76aa2326f202c264c1ab7
DEBUG:  Checking authentication for user bargar
DEBUG:  Invalid authentication
DEBUG:  Authenticated: no; version: 1.2; message ID: 1; source URI:
fbb-830012733; target URI: https://webmail.gie.com/rpc.php;
 user: ; charset: UTF-8; wbxml: no
DEBUG:  Received <Final> from client.
DEBUG:  Sending <Final> to client
DEBUG:  Return message completed
DEBUG:  Finished at 2008-07-16 08:49:09. Packet logged in
/tmp/sync/server_11.xml
"
any help would be appreciated :)  thank you

Ryan

--
Ryan Evans
Systems Administrator
revans at gie.com

Privileged, Proprietary and/or Confidential Information may be contained in
this electronic message.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should
not copy it, re-transmit it, use it or disclose its contents, but should
kindly return to the sender immediately and delete your copy from your system.
Gulf Interstate Engineering Company (GULF) does not accept responsibility for
changes made to this electronic message or its attachments.