[sync] duplicates

Joe Fisher Joe.Fisher at citylightsmedia.com
Wed Jul 30 13:06:26 UTC 2008

> > the

> > > Are you referring to horde/scripts/sql/horde_syncml.sql ??
> >
> > > Joe
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > --
> > Best regards,
> >  Vilius
> >
> OK, I did that but now it's worse. I got triplicates in Horde and
> duplicates in Outlook. Preusmably if I keep this up I'll get 10
> duplicates.
>
> Is there a way to wipe clean the horde calendar?
>
> Joe

I got it working finally and here's my conclusion:

I was originally told that duplicates are created if they exist in both
Outlook and Horde which did not make sense to me because after all it's
supposed to "sync" right?

The actual reason was that the tables weren't installed and that I
needed to delete all the existing entries in horde and do a first time
sync from Outlook.

This basically created the sync data indicating what is synced or not.
So once that is in place going forward the sync looks up that table and
hence no duplicates. So if anybody else less experienced such as I has
this issue the procedure would be to start from scratch as indicated.

It's the tables which seem relevant for the sync not the actual data and
that is the difference in my mis-conception of the process.

Joe