[sync] Trouble keeping SyncML in sync with IMAP store

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Aug 29 09:29:14 UTC 2008

Zitat von Jan Christoph Ebersbach <ebersbach at univention.de>:

> Good morning,
>
> I'm experiencing some trouble keeping a mobile device in sync with data that
> is stored in an IMAP folder. I.e. creating an event with Kontact-Calendar and
> trying to sync this event with my mobile device causes SyncML to think that
> there is no new event in the IMAP folder.
>
> I tracked the problem down to a missing entry in the horde_histories table
> which is not updated by the SyncML implementation at the moment. Btw, when I
> open the calendar in kronolith the missing entry is added automatically.
>
> I wrote a small patch to work around this problem by syncing the IMAP folder
> every time a SyncML-sync is performed. So far there is still a problem with
> syncing the IMAP folder this way because the changes are not included in the
> current but the next SyncML sync.
>
> Do you have any suggestions solving this problem in a better way?

This is definitely not the correct way. The history entries have to be
created directly in the drivers. In some cases this already happens
either outside the drivers or in the driver parent class. Where this
is not the case, it has to happen in the Kolab drivers, just like we
do in the other drivers already.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/