[sync] Question on syncing

sjau sjau at sjau.ch
Sun Nov 23 21:25:30 UTC 2008

Hello

I have another question on how the syncing actually works.

Basic idea: the more entries you have, the longer it takes to sync. So I think
you can just sort of move all entries into an archive calendar that are older
than xxx days.

Because I integrated the google calender entries into kronolith I first wrote
myself a little php script that just moved all the entries older than xxx days
into a seperatly created archive calendar - basically:

UPDATE * SET calendar_id='......' WHERE calendar_id='......' AND even_end <
'.......'

I did that for the before the first sync. So the sync went then quickly.

Now I wonder if I could just go on and keep moving entries like that to my
archive calendar.

What effect will that have on the syncing? Will it also delete the entries on
the cell phone? Will they stay on the cell phone? Or will the cell phone sync
the enries back to the calendar and re-create them?

Thx

Stephan