[sync] Funambol 7.0.7 issue with Horde webmail 1.2

Ibon Castilla Varela ibon at sinanimodelucro.net
Tue Nov 25 20:18:28 UTC 2008

Hi there:

After looking around for a solution to a previous post of mine, I
reached to this conclusion:
This is the scenario: Horde webmail edition 1.2, Evolution on the laptop
side working very well with syncevolution and genesis, and Blackberry
Curve 8310 (Vodafone Spain) with Funambol 7.0.7, connecting to the
server but with no luck with the sync part.

Blackberry connects to the server (I see the log of Apache telling me
that the client gets a "200" response when looking for the "rpc.php"
file), and the logging is correct (also green light at /tmp/horde.log).
Time to work with /tmp/sync/log.txt. I just realized that when I get
synced with Evolution (syncevolution) all works fine, and there is a
text block like this:

 - Authenticated: yes; version: 1.1; message ID: 4; source URI:
sc-pim-54ee8c92-430d-432b-8089-7ce3e4ff925d; target URI:
http://myserver/rpc.php; user: myuser at myserver.net; charset: UTF-8;
wbxml: no
 - Created device class SyncML_Device_Sync4j

And then the sync works.
When I try with Blackberry the same block looks like this:

 - Authenticated: yes; version: 1.2; message ID: 1; source URI:
fbb-624688726; target URI: http://myserver/rpc.php; user:
myuser at myserver.net; charset: UTF-8; wbxml: no
 - SQL Query by SyncML_Backend_Horde::readSyncAnchors(): SELECT
syncml_clientanchor, syncml_serveranchor FROM horde_syncml_anchors WHERE
syncml_syncpartner = ? AND syncml_db = ? AND syncml_uid = ?, values:
fbb-624688726, notes, myuser at myserver.net
 - No info about previous syncs found for device fbb-624688726 and
database note
 - Creating SyncML_Sync object for database note; sync type 201

And then a "<Final>" tag recived from the client. Reading this two
pieces of debug log I have realized that the SyncHowto part of the Horde
wiki tells something about the "Device ID", and reviewing it I found
this: "Device ID must be sc-pim-outlook or anything containing the text
sync4j so that the Horde backend can identify the connector." Funambol
at the Blackberry identifies itself like "fbb-624688726", so, does this
mean that Horde could not identify the device correctly?.
I also have been looking around on how to change the Funambol client
side device ID, but it seems that this option is missing or simply it
can't be done :( Could be possible to recognize "fbb-#" as a valid
Device ID?.

Cheers, Ibon.

-
Visitame en http://sinanimodelucro.net
Usa GNU/Linux, tus úlceras te lo agradecerán.

Realizado con Software Libre.
--
GPG public key at http://sinanimodelucro.net/txapelgorri.asc
Finderprint: 9402 CEBF 0274 F213 8B88  1209 7B2D 70B3 843E F99C