[sync] Inconsistent "ReccurenceType" for yearly events

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Dec 22 11:26:32 UTC 2008

Zitat von lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de:

>>> Hello
>>>
>>> we have the problem that events that have yearly reccurence change
>>> reccurence after being modified on the server and synced to the
>>> device. This is with Outlook Funambol PlugIN with all latest
>>> versions. What we have found is that the event is created with
>>> ReccurenceType=5 but sent to the client with RecurrenceType=6
>>> after modified at the server.
>>>
>>> To reproduce :
>>>
>>> Create event with yearly schedule in Outlook and sync to the
>>> server. In Kronolith the event shows up fine.
>>> Change something other than schedule (eg. Starttime) with
>>> Kronolith and sync it back to the client.
>>>
>>> The event shows up in Outlook with yearly xx weekday in <month>
>>
>> I have tracked down the problem to
>> horde/lib/SyncML/Device/Sync4i.php. It seams the more komplex
>> recurrence pattern are not (well) supported until now in
>> Horde/SyncML despite the fact that Kronolith (iCal) is able to do
>> so. I will try to patch Sync4i.php to get a better match for
>> recurrence between SIF-E and iCal.
>
> I have created a patch for "Sync4i.php" but there are other cases
> where Sync4i.php create wrong SIF-E or iCal values. Strange thing is
> that some of them are corrected as soon as they show up in
> kronolith. Is there some other place where the files from /tmp/sync
> are altered again? I was under the impression that the files from
> /tmp/sync get imported to kronolith directly??

They do. But some corrections might be applied when converting the
iCalendar objects to native Kronolith events.

> Someone has a flow-chart at hand for SyncML??

http://cvs.horde.org/framework/SyncML/docs/
But those haven't been updated in a while.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/