[sync] Upcoming Funambol client changes.

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sun Mar 1 11:37:29 UTC 2009

Zitat von Tom Malone <tmalone at lancer-ins.com>:

> I was poking around on the Funambol discussion boards and I came across
> this posting.
>
> https://core.forge.funambol.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=405&dsMessageId=33397
>
> According to the author the next version of the Funambol Blackberry
> client will not support the sif format for Contacts.  It will only
> support vcard.  If you want sif support you will need to recompile the
> Blackberry client.
>
> I have been testing the 7.1 alpha/beta version of the Blackberry client
> and I can confirm that this is indeed true.
>
> Furthermore, according to this post on the developers list sif* is going
> to be phased out altogether.
>
> https://core.forge.funambol.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=402&dsMessageId=30652

This is getting ridiculous. First the Funambol developers dropped
standards support to push their proprietary SIF formats, so everybody
implementing a SyncML server had to write support for it. And now they
do a 180 degree turn-around to drop SIF support again and use
vCard/iCalendar? WTF?

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/