[sync] syncML Bug: vCard properties not deleted on server

David Hoover spm at boiteauxlettres.sent.at
Mon Mar 9 21:40:40 UTC 2009

Hi,

On my setup (horde-webmail-1.2.2), vCard properties that are deleted
from the client (Nokia E51) do not get deleted from the server.

If, for instance, I have an entry:

FirstName: John
LastName: Doe
Mobile: +123456789

and I delete the Mobile phone number on the client, the phone number
does not get deleted from the server. This loss of synchronization is
problematic.

For instance, if I don't realize that the mobile phone number hasn't
been deleted on Turba, and I add, for instance, an address entry on
Horde, and I sync, then I get something like:

FirstName: John
LastName: Doe
Address: 123 park place
Mobile: +123456789

So the mobile phone number that I deleted gets sync'd back to the phone.

This occurs with both LDAP and SQL backends.

For syncML to work, it seems like the vCard data coming from the client
should completely replace the current entry. Looking at my LDAP logs, it
seems like vCard properties are inserted into the existing entry, which
is causing the problem.

Is there some way to configure this?

Thanks,

Dave.