[sync] Problems to import vcard via syncML

Roberto Maurizzi roberto.maurizzi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 17:36:05 UTC 2009

> I'll try to see what other kind of extra fields these "fat contacts" need,
>> and open a bug with I hope a description of the extra fields and default
>> mappings required to solve this.
>>

> Of course you can only synchronize to fields that exist in your Turba
> address book. This has nothing to with missing mappings. Once you add those
> fields, they should be mapped fine.

What is your stance (your as in the Horde dev community) as to add those
fields to the standard Turba db table and sources.php.dist, so that it can
work with Nokias out of the box without "obvious" data loss? This should
should be simple to do and I can try.

Also, during some tests today I noticed another similar problem: in the
Nokia address book you can add many entries with the same name, for example
3 "Office Phone" fields, and Turba obvously stores only the first one. I
don't think this can be fixed easily without a lot of changes in the SQL
Addressbook Driver (if that's the correct term :-) ) but I didn't check the
code.

This is a far less common "use case" for the phone address book however, at
least in my and my users experience. I'll try to see what happens syncing to
a LDAP Addressbook.

Ciao,
  Roberto