[sync] Kronolith doesn't reset empty attributes from Outlook+Funambol

Alfonso Marí­n Marí­n almarin at um.es
Fri Mar 20 13:00:46 UTC 2009

Hi,

Syncing Outlook with Kronolith, i have noticed that if you delete an
existing alarm from an event in Outlook, after synchronization it still
remaining in kronolith, but not in outlook. Playing with other event
attributes i can see that attributes like "location" or "description"
still remaining at server side (kronolith) every time you delete them
completely in Outlook.

Looking at code i can see that it happens because an event is updated
using driver->fromiCalendar method using the iCalendar info given by
Sing4j->sif2vevent. The problem here is that sif2vevent function doesn't
generate an iCalendar attribute for empty fields, so fromiCalendar
function ignores those attributes.

I think that fromiCalendar function should reset every non existing
attribute. I don't know if that has other effects.

I attach a patch to show what i'm suggesting

Other solution would be to ensure that sif2vevent generates an vEvent
with all attributes even if some of them are empty.

--
Alfonso Marín Marín
Sección de Telemática - ATICA