[sync] Syncing with multiple calendars/address books

Fabio Pedretti pedretti at eco.unibs.it
Wed Apr 29 14:58:21 UTC 2009

Hi, a very nice feature of horde is its support for SyncML, which I am
successfully using at my University to sync calendars and address
books using the Funambol plugins with Outlook, Thunderbird and
BlackBerry.

Now some users want to also use shared (between users)
calendars/address books with their personal clients (especially with
Oulook) in a way similar to what can be done through the horde web
interface, so that one can, e.g., create new entries from Oulook and
choose where to put them (in her personal calendar or in the shared
one). I read somewhere that the Funambol plugins don't support shared
calendars. I am aware that one can change her default calendar with a
shared one, to make it syncing with it, but I need a way to sync
multiple calendar.

Is there an alternative way to sync shared calendars/address books,
eventually using different client plugins, or maybe through a
different calling URL, especially for Oulook and eventually for other
clients?

Thanks