[sync] Contact sync incorrect when there is a multi-part first name

Marcel Samek msamek at machinimamagic.com
Sun May 3 15:41:17 UTC 2009

When testing syncing of my contact list on the iphone using the
Synthesis client, I noticed a problem with multi-part names.

As a test case, I deleted all contacts in Turba and did a sync from
the iphone to the server.

There were two (out of about 250) contacts that had multi-part first
names in the form "Dick and Jane" or "Harry & Sally". Both of them
resulted in the Turba contact having a first name consiting of the
first part of the first name (e.g. "Dick"), and the last name of "and"
or "&". The rest of the first name and the last name appears to have
been lost.

My version information is:

Horde: 3.3.4-RC1
Turba: 2.3.1

Here is an example of one of these contacts from /tmp/sync/data.txt

Input received from client (text/x-vcard):
BEGIN:VCARD^M
VERSION:2.1^M
REV:20090402T113013^M
N:Oakes;Julie and Lee;;;^M
FN:Julie and Lee Oakes^M
TEL:^M
EMAIL;WORK;INTERNET;X-Synthesis-Ref0:mail at oakesarc.com^M
URL:^M
ADR:;;;;;;^M
BDAY:^M
END:VCARD

input converted for server (text/x-vcard):
BEGIN:VCARD^M
VERSION:2.1^M
REV:20090402T113013^M
N:Oakes;Julie and Lee;;;^M