[sync] Problems syncing with funambol clients

Remko Muis remko at familiemuis.net
Thu Aug 6 16:21:31 UTC 2009

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your suggestions. I added the following line after the first
if-then-else statement in rpc.php:
Horde::logMessage('Mime type is ' . $serverType , __FILE__, __LINE__,
PEAR_LOG_DEBUG);
But -ehm- in which log file should I look to find the resulting message?

I also tried to force the rpc backend to think the request was in syncml
format (by setting $serverType to syncml). If I then try to sync, I do
get log files and xml files in /tmp/sync, but the request (client) files
are empty and the server files only have one line:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
That's all. When syncing, an error occurs (of course, because the
response is empty).

 From the logs in the Mozilla plugin, I guess that the request is done in
text/xml, so you might be right after all that the client sends the
requests in the wrong mime-type.
So I tried to install an older version of the plugin, but now TB crashes
everytime I restart after adding whichever version of the plugin. Nice
piece of software...

I got the impression that many people have it working, so why wouldn't
it work for me? Maybe I have to look for another solution to sync:
1. Thunderbird/Lightning addressbook and calendar
2. WinMobile contacts and calendar
3. MS Outlook calendar
with Horde or the MySQL DB behind it. Any suggestions other than Funambol?

Best,
Remko