[sync] SyncML Module Help

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Aug 17 15:51:00 UTC 2009

Zitat von Douglas <douglaslg at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I must implement a SyncML module on a mail service based on E-GroupWare.
> This synchronization module must act as a server, synchronizing a user
> contact list and a todo list with a client application in a mobile device.
> All the proccess must be done using just HTTP protocol. I pretend to use as
> a start point an implementation that already exists on the SynML server,
> adapting and cutomizing only the necessary.
>
> I need some information about the SyncML implementation on the Horde
> framework, implementation resources and limitations. Could you help me with
> that?
>
> Here are my doubts:
>
> Implementation pendencies related to the SyncML protocol RFC (if exists);

Sorry?

> Level of coupling and portability of the SyncML module related to the main
> Horde Framework;

The SyncML library has an abstracted backend support, so it should be
usable by any software different than Horde.

> Support for detection and control of conflicts of synchronization;

It has conflict detection but no conflict solution. IIRC the current
conflict policy is client wins, but it's going to be duplication, in
the future.

> Capability to manage the memory of the devices that will be synchronized;

Sorry?

>  Considering the opportunity, it seems that E-GroupWare is using the SyncML
> Horde component. Could you confirm that?

Yes, it uses a fork of a pretty old version of the SyncML library.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/