[sync] vCard and multiline content

Art art2crazy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 23:46:27 UTC 2009

Hi,

My setup is:

Horde 3.3.5
Turba 2.3.2
Funambol 8.0.4 on iPaq 210

My question is about formatting multiline content in a vCard that horde
outputs. When I examined /tmp/sync/data.txt file, the sample I tested
looks like so (output from vim):

NOTE;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE;CHARSET=UTF-8:notes=0D=0A=^M
multiline=0D=0A=^M
skajdaskjl=0D=0A=^M
ksdklja^M

I'm guessing "^M"  is a carriage return/newline(?). Unfortunately
Funambol/Contacts in PPC doesn't understand it and imports it as

"notes
="

It will accept/import correctly something like this:

NOTE;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE;CHARSET=UTF-8:notes=0D=0A=multiline=0D=0A=skajdaskjl=0D=0A=ksdklja^M

I don't know much about the vCard format, so the question I have is if
this is a bug in Funambol and carriage return/newline is acceptable in
the vCard or should the multiline content be just one line?

Thanks,
art