[sync] Syncing with the P1i

Mon Sep 28 11:39:51 UTC 2009

Hi all
I tried to sync my SonyEricsson P1i with Horde using WiFi and the
phone's built-in "remote sync" application. For this purpose I installed
*Horde Groupware Webmail Edition* *1.2.4 on a webspace.
At first it didn't work: The phone said the sync was successful, but
there was no data in the Groupware applications. So I created /tmp/sync
and synced again to get logfiles. And this was the error that occurred
at every item:
--
DEBUG:  Handling <Replace> sent from client
ERR:    Item size mismatch. Size reported as 182 but actual size is 180

-- begin Sync.php workaround --
221c221
<                 $item->responseCode = RESPONSE_SIZE_MISMATCH;
---
>                 //$item->responseCode = RESPONSE_SIZE_MISMATCH;
225,227c225,227
<                     __FILE__, __LINE__, PEAR_LOG_ERR);
<                 $this->_errors++;
<                 return false;
---
>                     __FILE__, __LINE__,
PEAR_LOG_WARNING/*PEAR_LOG_ERR*/);
>                 //$this->_errors++;
>                 //return false;
-- end Sync.php workaround --

The following problems persist:

- Contact categories are not synced yet. This should be easy to
implement since Turba has basic support for the "category" field.

- The P1i has a common database for calendar and tasks, even though they
are handled by separate applications on the phone. To backup my data, I
need to sync this DB first with the "calendar", then with the "tasks"
database. Therefore I can only do a one-way backup, since an actual sync
would always destroy half the data on the phone. Maybe Horde could
emulate a "caltask" database and automatically split the data into
appointments and tasks. mobical.net supports this, and it works perfectly.

And here are some logfiles:
http://zoller.tv/temp/log1.txt - a sync with the error (contacts only)
**http://zoller.tv/temp/log2.txt - a successful sync (contacts only)

**Should I add some information to the wiki as well? I think it would be
useful to offer the patched Sync.php for download somewhere - it's
currently at http://zoller.tv/temp/Sync.php.
Sorry for the long mail.
**

Best regards,