[sync] Horde/ Funambol/ Outlook/Thunderbird issues

Peter Walter pwalter at itlsys.com
Thu Nov 19 15:47:50 UTC 2009

All,

I am having a lot of issues with attempting to sync horde with either
Thunderbird or Outlook.  I am running SME Server 7.4 os with the
following horde components installed:

horde 3.3.4 imp 4.3.4 ingo 1.2.1 kronolith 2.3.2 mnemo 2.2.2 nag 2.3.3
turba 2.3.1

On the client side, the desktop is running Windows XP, with Outlook 2007
SP2 - Funambol Outlook connector 8.0.5, and Thunderbird 2.0.0.23 -
Funambol Mozilla sync 0.91.

When syncing with Outlook,  tasks and notes seem to sync without
problems. However, calendar sync causes OutlookPlugin.exe to bugcheck,
and contacts sync fails due to "Sync not completed. Network error."

When syncing with Thunderbird, the calendar sync and the tasks sync
create duplicate records, and recreate deleted records. The contacts
sync (about 2500 contacts) gives a "server timeout" error.

I am trying to figure out whether the problems are related to the horde
(and components) versions, or if the funambol implementations are simply
buggy. Has anyone been able to get funambol working proberly with
Outlook 2007 / Thunderbird?

Peter