[sync] Sync Terminated Abnormally

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at dada.net
Mon Dec 7 16:29:32 UTC 2009

Jan - apologies for the delayed response - life gets in the way some times.   I was being unclear.   When I add birthdays to my contacts on the SE, it automatically asks if I want to add it to the calendar and set a reminder, etc.  I checked on the device and it all seemed to be fine.  This morning, I decided to check on the calendar in Horde and I noticed the reminder was set to be 899 minutes prior to the event.  I deleted the event totally from the phone and set it up in the calendar as it should be and then did a sync and it now seems to be all working.

> >> You don't even have a Horde bookmark application installed, where
> >> should those bookmarks be synched? Beside that, we don't support
> >> synchronization with our bookmark application yet anyway, see
> >> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/7250
> >
> > I thought I had it installed.  Sorry.  I'll install it today.  Good
> > to see it's on the wishlist though.  Since I'm not using CVS, is
> > there a way to install this?  I don't see a tar.gz to download.
>
> http://snaps.horde.org/

I presume I have to download the HEAD and FRAMEWORK passages.  Is there a mini-howto on how to install from snaps?

> 5
> direction

> >> You didn't set up a VFS backend in your Horde configuration, which is
> >> necessary for the scheduler script.
> >
> > I thought I'd done that.  Sorry.  After doing that, the message
> > disappears from my logs but logging into dimp causes this error.
> >
> > Catchable fatal error: Object of class PEAR_Error could not be
> > converted to string in /usr/share/horde3/lib/Horde.php on line 783
> >
> > I have not been able to troubleshoot this at all.

I'm still having this error - > > Catchable fatal error: Object of class PEAR_Error could not be converted to string in /usr/share/horde3/lib/Horde.php on line 783

The relevant code is about testing for webroots - I don't understand how implementing the VFS would have broken this.  I've googled - but the only page linked was my previous post.  Please can you help.

Thanks.

Simon