[sync] Android

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Jan 5 22:21:18 UTC 2010

Zitat von sjau <sjau at sjau.ch>:

> On Tuesday, 5. January 2010 18.57:25 Jefferson Davis wrote:
>> We are evaluating new phones for our administrator (Principals, supt, etc)
>>  - just got an android for testing.
>>
>> No go (generic error?)  and only does contacts at this time.
>>
>> Soooo...  Can anyone recommend a smartphone that syncs well w/horde?
>>
>> iphone works w/synthesis client, but would rather not have to pay for the
>>  priviledge.
>>
> Does Android not have SyncML?

No, Jefferson was using the client from Funambol. He didn't mention,
but I see the same error, that's why I know. I also know what the
problem is, it seems to be a problem with the Android client, that's
still in alpha state.
We (actually only Michael so far) are working on an ActiveSync
implementation for Horde currently though, so iPhones, Androids, and
actually any device that supports Exchange accounts, can sync with
Horde.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/