[sync] Choosing smartphones

Heiner Markert mephisto at gmx.net
Thu Jan 7 13:12:05 UTC 2010

Hi,

my Nokia E52 synchronizes pretty well, but it is probably not a good
replacement for a Palm Treo.
There are some small problems with synchronization, e.g.:
- for repeating events with exclusions, exclusion dates are not synchronized
- sometimes, notes are duplicated during synchronization
- every 30 or so synchronization attempts, an error occurs at the end of
synchronization (data usually has been exchanged successfully) and a slow
sync has to be performed (meaning to overwrite all data on the mobile with
the server data). That causes no data loss, but if the slow sync is not
performed, many events and contacts get duplicated.
As the E52 is a regular Symbian 3 smartphone, I would expect other recent
Nokias to behave in a similar way.

Best regards
Heiner