[sync] umlaut problem

Vilius Šumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Wed Jan 27 17:27:35 UTC 2010

Sveiki,

> Vilius Šumskas schrieb:
>> Have  you  messed around with SET NAMES or other similar parameters in
>> MySQL configuration?
>>
> Yes i did, but in the meantime i dropped the whole database and created
> a new one.
> I have default_character_set = utf8 in [mysqld] and [client] of
> /etc/mysql/my.cnf, as i said before...

> Regards Gregor

Please run something like:

<?php

mysql_connect('yourhostname', 'youruser', 'yourpassword');
mysql_select_db('yourhordedb');
$result = mysql_query("SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'char%'");
echo "<pre>";
while ($obj = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {
echo $obj[0] . "=" . $obj[1] . "\n";
}
?>

On WWW server where your Horde runs and paste an output somewhere.

--
Best regards,
 Vilius