[sync] umlaut problem

Gregor Glashüttner gregorprivat at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 17:49:38 UTC 2010

2010/1/28 Vilius Šumskas <vilius at lnk.lt>:
> This  function  is used everywhere where Horde sends and retrieves
> data  to/from database that  may contain non-ascii characters. For example your name in
> Portal screen.
>
> echo $input;
>
> at start of the function and
>
> echo $input;
>
> before the function return should do it.

If i put "echo $input" as the first command into the function
convertCharset, the redirect after login gets broken and i only see a
"1" at the screen. Putting it at several other places in String.php
has some effect (showing some characters in the menu at the left hand
side e.g.), but never gives any additional output somewhere close to
my name in the portal :-(

I still believe it´s my phone´s fault, so i will try to get my hands
on another phone and try with that. I´m not even sure which charset my
phone uses, it doesn´t send any charset information (in the wbxml-file
oder /tmp/sync/data.txt). For example "Ä" from my phone gets encoded
as "=C4" in data.txt, whereas if i enter "Ä" in horde and do a sync,
it gets encoded as "=C3=84"...

Regards Gregor

--
Partykeller