[sync] Funambol/Android

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at dada.net
Thu Aug 5 20:37:06 UTC 2010

Michael

When I use 8.5.2 on Android actually what happens is that even though I have the client set to download only (I previously had an issue because the Android client insists on sending US numbers - even in international format - back to the server as xxxx-xxx-xxx/+1-xxxx-xxx-xxx which results in duplicate contacts on the server) I end up with no contacts.  The debug log shows this error:

]]></Data></Item></Add></Sync><Final></Final></SyncBody></SyncML>

20100727T180345Z [INFO] [SyncManager] Number of changes from server: 96

20100727T180345Z [DEBUG] [SyncManager] Processing Add commands

20100727T180345Z [INFO] [ContactSyncSource] New item 20100616211614.50191mw7em6bxh0g at webmail.lydiard.net from server.

20100727T180345Z [ERROR] [SyncManager] Exception(com.funambol.common.pim.vcard.TokenMgrError: Lexical error at line 1, column 1.  Encountered: "<" (60), after : "")

In 8.5.1 it choked half-way through the contact entries (always on one particular one even after I deleted it and recreated it).  So there is some progress - I will let Funambol know about this error.

However, is your mail suggesting I can use Exchange/Active Sync instead of IMAP?  And then contacts are synched automatically as part of the account and I don't need to have Funambol on there at all?

Thanks.

Simon