[sync] Can not sync contacts from LDAP addressbook

Mehmet Giritli mgiritli at giritli.eu
Fri Feb 11 16:54:22 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-02-11 at 10:26 +0100, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Mehmet Giritli <mgiritli at giritli.eu>:

> >> Here is a copy-paste of my map array. As you can see, the answer to your
> >> question is yes. I also have __key. So, should I remove these or what?
> >>
> >>      'map' => array(
> >>          '__key' => 'dn',
> >> //
> >> //         // Remove this mapping if using Active Directory server:
> >>          '__uid' => 'uid',
> >> //
> >> //         // From horde.schema.  Make sure you have 'turbaContact'
> >> objectClass
> >> //         // included above:
> >> //         // '__type' => 'turbaType',
> >> //         // '__members' => 'turbaMembers',
> >> //
> >>          'name' => 'cn',
> >>         'firstname' => 'givenName',
> >>         'lastname' => 'sn',
> >> //      'middlenames' => 'initials',
> >>          'emails' => 'mail',
> >>          'photo' => 'jpegPhoto',
> >>         'category' => 'category',
> >>         'alias' => 'displayName',
> >>         'fileas' => 'fileAs',
> >>          'homePhone' => 'homephone',
> >>          'workPhone' => 'telephonenumber',
> >>          'cellPhone' => 'mobile',
> >>          'otherPhone' => 'otherPhone',
> >>          'homeAddress' => 'homepostaladdress',
> >>         'otherAddress' => 'otherpostaladdress',
> >>         'birthday' => 'birthDay',
> >>         'anniversary' => 'anniversary',
> >>
> >> //
> >> //         // From rfc2739.schema:
> >> //         // 'freebusyUrl' => 'calFBURL',
> >> //
> >> //         // For Active Directory servers:
> >> //         // 'name' => 'displayname',
> >> //         // 'title' => 'title',
> >> //         // 'cellPhone' => 'mobile',
> >> //         // 'department' => 'department',
> >> //         // 'company' => 'company',
> >>      ),
> >>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I managed to get my contacts synced by mapping __uid to cn. Thank you
> > for our input.
> >
> > But now, I see that some fields  are not included in the sync. For
> > example, I cant get nicknames, category and photo attributes to sync. Is
> > there a file I can edit to get these included in the sync?
>
> All three are supported for synching generally. But it could depend on
> your synching device and its data format whether they are actually
> used during synchronization.
>
> Jan.

> http://horde.org/consulting/

Unfortunately, I am stuck again. I still can not get any syncing done. I
tried all combinations for __key and __uid, but I get weird results.
Once it did like 4 contact syncs but the most of the time I get no
syncs. Now, I do not get ANY errors in the horde file. Neither the phone
reports an error. I really have no idea what to do. Could you give me
some tips? Is there a verbose/debug switch for horde where I can see
whats going on during syncing?

And for the fields which are not synced, I think my phone syncs them
over nokia's own software. So there must be a mismatch somewhere.
Nickname is especially important for me as the voice dialing depends on
this. Well, I need to get syncing fixed in the first place anyways.