[sync] Can not sync contacts from LDAP addressbook

Mehmet Giritli mgiritli at giritli.eu
Tue Feb 15 12:34:58 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-15 at 10:53 +0100, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Mehmet Giritli <mgiritli at giritli.eu>:

> >> you give me

> >> http://bugs.horde.org/h/whups/ticket/9377

> >> Not without sync logs from an otherwise successful sync.
> >
> > oh bugger...I forgot to attach the logs. Attached them now.
>
> The phone only supports the photo field of those 3. Are you sure that
> the photo field does have a value, and that you also have a photoType
> field with correct content?

Hi again,

I was sure that nicknames are synced so I digged in and found out that
(in the file data.txt) X-EPOCSECONDNAME attribute is sent by the phone
for the nickname data. So, how do I make horde to use that? Any tips
would be really appreciated.

I believe photoType field is empty in my records (horde addressbook
doesnt mind though). But I must figure out nicknames first. Will look
into photos later.

Also, I wished there was some way to make horde detect changes in the
ldap server by another program. But perhaps that is non-trivial and we
will never see that feature?