[sync] Initial Funambol Sync not Possible with latest Horde

Christian Bomhardt horde at bomhardt.de
Tue Nov 1 20:11:18 UTC 2011

Hi,

I upgraded my Horde Webmail to latest Horde 4.0 (see as well my previous
post). After upgrade, everything fine except Funambol Sync with Windows
Mobile.

As of Wiki, Funambol 8.7.2 works out of the box with Horde. I installed
this one, but unfortunatly, initial account setup fails. I tried to hack
the SyncML PHP to get over it, without succees. I tried to adjust the
Funambol source or hack registry - as well too difficult.

Error as of my horde.log as follows:
 >The method "configuration/import" is not defined in the Horde Registry.

As of source code from Funambol, I found out that funambol switches to
"old server mode" in case server response to configuration/import is 404
Error, but I didn't manage to get this done.

I tried to adjust /...php5/PEAR/Horde/ContentHandler.php function call
to handle method configuration/import, but as well without success.

Any ideas what else I could do? Is there a known good horde syncml -
maybe a slight downgrade would fix my isssue? Any ideas how I could
further debug/adjust the coding to get it running?

Having my mobile without any contacts, notes, calendar entries is really
annoying...

Thanks a lot,
Christian