[sync] Suspect improper installation/activation of ActiveSync

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Jan 4 22:27:39 UTC 2012

I never saw the original email here, see my response below:

Quoting Christoph Hintermüller <christoph at out-world.com>:

> Hi Again
> I just forgot to say the device is even listed in horde under ActiveSync
> devices but the last synchronization date is set to not synchronized yet.
>
> Greetings
> Christoph Hintermüller
>
> Am Mittwoch 04 Januar 2012, 22:58:26 schrieb Christoph Hintermüller:
>> Hi I
>> Have installed horde from pear as instructed and also activated the
>> ActiveSync. I can connect the device (means get past the setup screen of my
>> Xperia pro). It seems to sync with horde but no contact data stored on the
>> device appears in the Horde address book. I suspect that something went
>> wrong during installation and left me something partial (may be missing
>> prerequisite library or package).

ActiveSync will NOT sync existing data from the device to the server.
ActiveSync data stores on the device are considered separate from
local device data stores. The ActiveSync data store MUST be first
paired with with server before you can add contacts to it from the
device.

>> Setting debug level to debug in global config.php (entry  on settings page
>> is not a link just plain text).

Not sure what you mean here with your comment about "settings page".
Anyway, what is more useful for AS logging is to select device
specific sync logging. This is done from the ActiveSync configuration
page.

>> I attach the Apache v-host log and the horde debug log i get. Inthere i
>> replaced the public IP of my provider by X.X.X.X and the domain name of my
>> domain and the user name by <mydomain> and <myuser>.

Nothing attached to this email. This could be why the original email
did not make it through the mailing list - the attachment might have
been too large/disallowed.

>> Can you please help me to figure out where installation went wrong, what is
>> missing and how to read the log to find the hidden error, mistake or
>> whatever.

As stated above, it is expected behaviour that information added
before the AS account was initiated on the device is not synch'd to
the server. Existing entries on the *server* would get synch'd to the
device. Once the device is paired, if you create a new entry on either
the device or server, does it get synch'd?

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org