[sync] syncing multiple categories per contact with synthesis android client

Mehmet Giritli mgiritli at giritli.eu
Thu Feb 16 18:29:49 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am trying to sync with the synthesis android client and having a
problem with the categories. I have already consulted with the synthesis
and it turns out that it is a bug in horde.

In case of multiple category memberships, horde sends the vcard as
follows:

CATEGORIES:Sync\, Personal

so, it escapes the comma separator with a backslash. Apparently this is
wrong and it is perceived as a single category as a result by the
client.

I tried to hack a little bit but couldn't succeed. Can someone please
direct me toward the right location in php code to fix this?

Thanks.