[sync] syncing multiple categories per contact with synthesis android client

Mehmet Giritli mgiritli at giritli.eu
Sat Feb 18 03:27:49 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-02-17 at 10:17 +0100, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Mehmet Giritli <mgiritli at giritli.eu>:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to sync with the synthesis android client and having a
> > problem with the categories. I have already consulted with the synthesis
> > and it turns out that it is a bug in horde.
> >
> > In case of multiple category memberships, horde sends the vcard as
> > follows:
> >
> > CATEGORIES:Sync\, Personal
> >
> > so, it escapes the comma separator with a backslash. Apparently this is
> > wrong and it is perceived as a single category as a result by the
> > client.
> >
> > I tried to hack a little bit but couldn't succeed. Can someone please
> > direct me toward the right location in php code to fix this?
>
> There isn't anything to fix. Turba doesn't support multiple categories
> per contact.
> --
> The Horde Project
> http://www.horde.org/

The problem in my case was that the backend in horde is a ldap db which
has multiple categories per contact. Currently, in horde I see comma
separated categories for contacts which have multi category in the ldap
backend, so I never noticed that it is not supported before.

Since it seems that that multiple categories per contact is out of the
equation, is there a way that I can filter out a *specific category*
from ldap source in the turba source.php file so that turba won't see it
at all? Can this be done? It would solve all my problems!

Obviously, this is different than the current "filter" command that can
be used in that file since I don't want to filter out contacts, just
ignore certain category they might have..