[sync] Issues with MySync DS / Android

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sun Sep 2 18:44:14 UTC 2012

Please don't top post.

Quoting Carsten Schumann <grypho at tempus-vivit.net>:

> Hi Mike,
>
> as fas as I  understand, the backends.php (for turba) does only
> cover the data providers for the adressbook. These providers
> (standard horde localsql database) work fine for me. My issue is
> related to SyncML which is (as far as I understand) not covered by
> the backends.php, is it?

No, backends.php defines (among other things) the mappings available
and how they map between turba's fields and the backend storage's
fields. The sync code will only export mappings present in this file.
E.g., the 'HOME' vCard attribute will only be exported if if the
'homePhone' mapping is present in backends.php.

>>> Hi Guys,
>>>
>>> currently I am struggling while trying to sync my Android phone
>>> against Horde4 (up to date PEAR version) Turba.
>>>
>>> Names, Adresses and Email adresses are synced fine, but phone
>>> numbers are not synced from Horde to Android.
>>>
>>> When Reading the client_11.xml logfile I can see a section
>>> describing the VCARD capabilities of the device:
>>>
>>> [...]
>>> <PropName>TEL</PropName>
>>> <PropParam>
>>> <ParamName>TYPE</ParamName>
>>> <ValEnum>VOICE,HOME</ValEnum>
>>> <ValEnum>VOICE,WORK</ValEnum>
>>> <ValEnum>CELL</ValEnum>
>>> <ValEnum>VOICE</ValEnum>
>>> <ValEnum>FAX,HOME</ValEnum>
>>> <ValEnum>FAX,WORK</ValEnum>
>>> <ValEnum>PAGER</ValEnum>
>>> <ValEnum>WORK,PREF</ValEnum>
>>> <ValEnum>FAX</ValEnum>
>>> <ValEnum>PREF,VOICE</ValEnum>
>>> </PropParam>
>>> </Property>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> So it seems to me, the client is able to sync the fields
>>> TEL;VOICE,HOME and TEL;CELL.
>>>
>>> When looking into the data.txt of the sync log, these fields seem
>>> to be omitted:
>>>
>>> [BEGIN data.txt, whole file]
>>> Output received from backend (text/x-vcard):
>>> BEGIN:VCARDM
>>> VERSION:2.1M
>>> NICKNAME:M
>>> BDAY:M
>>> X-ANNIVERSARY:M
>>> X-SPOUSE:M
>>> PHOTO:M
>>> TZ;VALUE=text:M
>>> EMAIL;INTERNET:mail at domain.deM
>>> TEL;FAX:+493M
>>> TEL;FAX:+494M
>>> TEL;PAGER:+495M
>>> TITLE:M
>>> NOTE:M
>>> URL:M
>>> N:Forename;Lastname;;;M
>>> ORG:;M
>>> ADR;HOME:124ZIPTEST;;AddrTest;CityTest;;;M
>>> ADR;WORK:;;;;;;M