[sync] Bug in AutoDiscover, easy to fix!

Torben Dannhauer torben at dannhauer.info
Fri Nov 2 12:28:40 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've submitted a small  bugfix to enable ActiveSync AutoDiscover feature for
iOS devices: http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/11624

As Long as it is not fixed in the pear packages, here is the description how
to fix it manually:

The ActiveSync AutoDiscovery does no work for iOS (iOS 6.0.1) because  the
REQUEST_URI is checked case sensitive for
"autodiscover/autodiscover.xml" while iOS uses the URI
"Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml"

Please adapt the following files and use stripos(..) instead of
strpos(..) or "=="
* Horde/Rpc/ActiveSync.php (3x)
* /horde/rpc.php (1x)

I tested with iOS 6.0.1, with case insensitive comparisons the
autodiscover feature works.

@Michael, I would be happy to see it integrated into the master branch soon
because it is a very simple fix and introduces a lot of comfort while
setting up iOS devices.

Many Thanks,

Torben