[sync] autodiscover/EAS email vs login

geoffroy desvernay dgeo at centrale-marseille.fr
Sun Nov 4 21:21:36 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Testing horde5 for some time, I managed to get:
 - autodiscover (basically, it works, but the device use email to log in
activesync service)
 - users to be able to manage their devices (it works, if login is user
instead of email - not with autodiscover)

I tried:

 - 'activesync_get_autodiscover_username' hook (not very documented as
well), not sufficient with my devices (emulator 2.3, 4.0 and 4.1), but
can this work since there is no 'login' attribute in M$'s schema ?

 - 'preauthenticate' hook to transform email to login - it works
everywhere but activesync still registers the device with the email
instead of the login, so the user doesn't get it in his prefs.

It's a simple horde5 pear install, with r/o LDAP auth backend but I'm
not sure it changes anything to this problem, can it ?

ps: Is there a documentation explaining that one have to add permissions
to get that, I did read the code to catch this, did I search correctly
before ?

Anyway, thank you really for this version, that may become *the*
really-oss-and-working alternative for mobile groupware ;)

--
*Geoffroy Desvernay*
C.R.I - Administration systèmes et réseaux