[sync] autodiscover/EAS email vs login

geoffroy desvernay dgeo at centrale-marseille.fr
Wed Nov 7 09:00:06 UTC 2012

Le 11/06/2012 23:54, Michael J Rubinsky a écrit :
[snip]

> Ok. I've spent most of today working this issue. There are a ton of
> issues with Android Autodiscover. It obviously doesn't completely
> implement it, and what is implemented is terrible.
>
> (1) Android does not send any of the XML data for the Autodiscover request.
> (2) It sends an Authorization header using email:password, not
> username:password.
> (3) The username field is auto populated with the domain\emailaddress
> instead of domain\username. This causes authentication to fail after the
> Autodiscover request completes and we start a sync - unless your Horde
> installation actually uses email addresses as login.
>
> Thanks to (2), it's possible to work around (1) enough to allow the
> process to return without a failure. I have made some changes to allow
> this to work the best that it can given the broken client.  The user
> will still have to manually correct the username field though. There is
> NO way around this on these clients.

I subscribed to corresponding bug in android issue tracker, maybe one
day they'll get it working correctly ?
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=31899

I'll add a reference to your analyse there, as it seems mote than
accurate :)

Thank you very much for all the time and brain spend on this non-horde
issue !

--
*geoffroy desvernay*
C.R.I - Administration systèmes et réseaux