[sync] How to purge Deleted Folder with ActiveSync

list-no-spam at ryux.org list-no-spam at ryux.org
Tue Feb 12 16:41:58 UTC 2013

Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> a écrit :

> Quoting list-no-spam at ryux.org:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> it seems that we can not delete all messages from 'deleted folder'.
>> All is ok with IMP, but with an ios and ActiveSync Configuration,
>> nothing happens !
>> Any idea ?
>
> If you mean you are trying to expunge the Deleted Folder from the
> ActiveSync client, that is entirely in the realm of the client
> software. There is no "Expunge" or "Empty" command in ActiveSync.
> This has to be done via the MUA. I.e., from within IMP.
> --
> mike

Hum... I disagree on some part.
I understand that there is no command to expunge the deleted folder.
But, I just checked with a real Exchange Account (with Microsoft
Exchange Server 2007 SP3) on my iPhone and the message is deleted from
the Deleted Folder.
I don't know how it works... Maybe it detects that the message is in
the Deleted Folder and the system erase it instead of move it...
But it works as asked with Exchange

Ryu