[sync] ActiveSync issues

Ivan Kouvykov ivan at kouvykov.com
Wed Aug 7 12:53:36 UTC 2013

Hello,

I experience the following issues when trying to set up ActiveSync with various devices:

1.  On a clean Horde installation I encounter bug #12531 (sync loop)

a.  If I add a fix to Horde/ActiveSync/State/Sql.php new devices are not able to set up sync partnership (logs attached here http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/12531)

b.  If I add a fix to Horde/ActiveSync/State/Sql.php existing devices successfully sync empty Contacts, Calendar and Tasks collections, but mail collection fails to sync.

c.  Once data is added to collection through web UI sync goes on normally without the fix

2.  HTC One X only gets e-mails that were created in IMAP server after horde was set up (i.e. new emails arrive, but the old ones are not downloaded)

3.  Calendar events created on devices are not synced due to TimeZone error (ERR: No timezone found for the given offsets)

4.  Windows 8.1 RT Modern UI Mail App fails to set up sync partnership, although there are no errors in Horde log

С уважением, / Kindest regards,

Иван Кувыков / Ivan Kouvykov

ivan at kouvykov.com <mailto:ivan.kouvykov at live.com>