[sync] ActiveSync attachments not downloading, disappearing on devices

Volker Then horde40 at volkerthen.com
Fri Nov 21 17:38:03 UTC 2014

Dear list,

since a few days there is a problem with ActiveSync on certain
devices. Some of my users report the following issues:

- Outlook 15: Most attachments (jpgs, pdfs) are not getting
downloaded. Some get downloaded up to 50%, some others aren't visible
at all.

- iOS devices: After tapping on the attachment, it gets downloaded and
then it's visible for a few milliseconds until it disappears totally.

I keep the horde pear packages up-to-date on an weekly basis. Recently
there was an update of the ActiveSync package. Could this be the
problem?

In the logfiles (debug and activesync) I see nothing unusual.

The horde server is running on a Debian squeeze machine, PHP
5.3.3-7+squeeze22.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Volker